Doctoral Consortium in the run-up to the 9th International Conference on Business Informatics 2009
- Colloquium for postgraduates of Business Informatics -
23th and 24th February 2009, Vienna
Kindly supported by A.T. KEARNEY
|31.10.2008||Submission of Exposes (abstracts)|
|01.12.2008||Invitation of the postgraduates|
|31.01.2009||Submission of Contribution (full paper)|
1. OBJECTIVE TARGET
Business Informatics is exposed to the increasing variety on themes and methods as well as brief cycles of innovation. To manage this challenge, the support of young researchers and their connaissance is of crucial importance. Therefore, since the beginning of the 1990s, a consortium is provided in the run-up to the 9th International Conference on Business Informatics as supportive panel for young researchers.
- Presentation of young researchers: Ambitious junior scientists introduce themselves, present their planned dissertation and demonstrate their ability to scientifically discourse.
- Support young researchers: Junior scientists should receive
a content and methodical support for their dissertation by experienced scientists.
- Community Building: This event is used for the acquaintance between professors and postgraduates and as a consequence the discourse and the collaboration in this scientific field shell be increased and alleviation for the access to the "Scientific Community" for young researchers given.
The Doctoral Consortium addresses to all young researchers in Business Informatics, who are aiming a well-grounded dissertation and would like to intensify the scientific interchange.
2. LIST OF APPLICANTS AND QUALIFICATION
The Doctoral Consortium is a panel for postgraduates in Business Informatics or in a related field of Business Informatics. A graduate degree, but no completed doctoral degree is required.
3. BASIS FOR THE INVITATION
The basis for an invitation to the Doctural Consortium is an Exposé of three pages, which covers the following points:
- Title of the technical lecture,
- name and address of the author,
- name and address of the professor, who supervises the dissertation,
- initial situation and problem,
- aims of the study,
- content and methodical approach as well as
- planned deadline.
Participating professors estimate the submitted contributions by means of importance and statement of the research problem, the scientific and technical performance of the composition, the quality of the expose, potential contribution of the applicant for the consortium and the potential benefit of the colloquium for the applicant. The applicant gets an invitation to the consortium, if the paper is rated positive.
4. ORGANIZER AND MENTORS
- Prof. Dr. Torsten Eymann, University of Bayreuth (Nachwuchsobmann der Wissenschaftlichen Kommission für Wirtschaftsinformatik im Verband der Hochschullehrer für Betriebswirtschaft e.V.)
University of Vienna
6. POSTER SESSION AT WI 2009
Participants of the Doctoral Consortium get the opportunity to present their assignment as a poster. The participation in the Conference WI 2009 requires a separate registration. Details can be found at www.wi2009.at. The invitation to the Doctoral Consortium includes no participation fee for the WI 2009.
7. SUBMISSION OF EXPOSES AND INFORMATIONS
Please submit your contributions at the following website www.easychair.org/conferences/. Kindly upload the abstract in "Authors->Submit an Abstract". You get an e-mail with the access code after submission. Please then upload the completed Expose as pdf- or word-file in "Authors->Upload a paper" with this access code.
8. FORMATTING AND SUBMISSION OF THE FULL PAPERS
Information concerning the papers (e.g. formatting and number of sites) can be found on the guidelines of the WI 2009. You will find a template (as a dot-file for MSWord) on the website www.wi2009.at. Each presentation should take about 20-30 minutes. For every young researcher we have scheduled one hour, within this üeriod of time an extensive discussion is included.
For further information please contact Prof. Dr. Torsten Eymann, Chair for Information Systems Management, University of Bayreuth, 95440 Bayreuth, Phone +49 921-55 7660, Fax +49 921-55 7662, eymann(at)uni-bayreuth.de.